Last week the floodgates opened when the first DNA clones hit the market. Now FT is following with the Hana V2 clone – this is a DNA 20 version, so not quite a s cool as the DNA 30 last week, but for only $52, this is one hell of a piece. I own an authentic Hana V2 and it looks almost exactly like this except the font is slightly different.
The thing I like about the Hana the most is that it has a removable 18650 battery rather than a built in battery. You can remove batteries to charge/swap, and you can also charge the 1860 battery right inside the mod via USB.
I have really loved using my Hana V2 – even though it is only 20 watts, you can still get a lot done on it. I like using this one more for tanks like the Taifun and Kayfun where you don’t need anywhere close to 30 watts, and I save my 30 watt mods for the drippers. It’s good to have both, and finally it isn’t cost prohibitive.
It’s worth noting that they also have a second version on FT with a built in battery – it costs about 12 dollars more, and I strongly don’t recommend it. I think the removable battery feature is one of the best things about this mod, and additionally, any batteries coming out of FT can take a lot longer to ship, so this one is a no-brainer.
Tale of the Tape
- It is a DNA20 controlled battery pack with 510 connector. Variable Watt battery pack that lets you control wattage not voltage, for better consistency and repeatability. Built using quality components. Body is made of 6061 Billet Aluminum. Power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter. It features a small OLED display, buttons and synchronous rectification for maximum battery life and minimal heat generation. The separate UP and DOWN allow the user to increase or decrease the power level in .1 Watt increments. Built in DNA Charger, which is Micro-USB powered and provides a 500 milliamp charge current.
- Battery must be installed in the proper position. + Positive side of battery towards the top of the device.
- Damage can occur if the battery is installed improperly.
- Battery sold separately: We recommend using an AW IMR high drain 18650 Li-Ion.
- Operating discharge temperature: -10 – +60 Degree Celsius
- Normal Operation Watt Setting: The power level currently set on the DNA 20
- Battery indicator: The current state of charge of the battery
- Volts display: The current or most recent output voltage being supplied to the atomizer
- Ohms display: The resistance of the atomizer attached to the device. This is measured only when the unit is supplying power to the atomizer. At other times, it shows the most recent measurement
- Locked mode: Pressing the fire button five times with less than .7 seconds between presses will cause the device to enter “Locked mode”. In Locked mode, the device will not fire and the output power will not adjust accidentally. While in Locked mode, the screen will be off, except that pressing a button will show “Locked, click 5X”. To exit Locked mode, press the fire button 5 times
- Stealth mode: While locked, pressing the fire and down buttons simultaneously for five seconds will switch to stealth mode. In this mode the display is off. It will still show error messages and the “Locked, Click 5X” advisory. To switch back to normal display mode, from locked mode hold down the fire and down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed
- Right Mode and Left Mode: While locked, holding the fire and up buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds flips the display. This setting is stored to internal flash memory, and remains if power is removed
- Error Messages: The DNA 20 will indicate a variety of error states
- Check Atomizer: The DNA does not detect an atomizer, or the atomizer has shorted out
- Shorted: The atomizer or wiring are short circuited
- Check Battery: The battery is below 3.1 volts. It probably needs to be charged
- Weak Battery: The battery sags excessively when firing. This typically means the user is not using a high rate battery, or the battery is old and degraded. It can also mean the battery is not making good contact
- Too Hot: The DNA 20D has onboard temperature sensing. It will shut down and display this message if the internal board temperature becomes excessive
- Too low power setting: The DNA 20D puts out a minimum of 4 volts. With low power settings (7 to 8 watts) and low resistance atomizers (below 2 ohms) the DNA will sometimes be unable to provide a low enough power output to be power regulating. If this is the case, the Ohms display will be flashing. The device will still operate.
- Auto power down: The screen will be at full brightness while firing. After 15 seconds with no button presses, the screen will dim. 4 minutes after the last button press, the screen will fade out and the device will go to sleep mode. Pressing any button will turn the device and display back on